Demolition & Asbestos Removal
DIG IT is a specialist demolition contractor, licenced to assess and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials from construction sites in Sydney and the surrounding areas. We carry out all aspects of demolition, including:
- Garages, sheds and driveways
- Residential houses
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial sites and warehouses
- Concrete and fibreglass swimming pools, including filling in the space or removing the pool
- Landscaping and retaining walls
- Trees and vegetation
Our qualified and experienced team will work closely with you to minimise the impact of your demolition on the community by developing strategies to manage dust, noise and disruption to traffic.
We provide a free site inspection before quoting on demolition projects so you can rest assured that our quote provides all the provisions, personnel, machinery and safety equipment needed to
complete the demolition within your timeframe and budget.
DIG IT has a Restricted Demolition licence and has experienced and qualified staff who understand the capabilities of our range of modern machines, which includes
excavators, trucks and tippers, demolition claws, rock saws and hammers.
We can support you through every stage of the demolition process, which involves:
- Notifying WorkCover at least seven days prior to commencing any structural or asbestos demolition work
- Requesting council approvals and any other permits required
- Assessing and removing asbestos and any other hazardous or regulated materials if required
- Locating and disconnecting underground utilities, using Dial Before You Dig
- Developing site-specific safety and work plans
- Undertaking the demolition and removing of waste materials
- Ensuring the site is left clean, tidy and safe for all employees, clients and the public
Many of our demolition machines are fitted with reverse cameras and feature emergency stop buttons for your safety. Air-conditioned cabs also allow the operator to continue working through inclement weather, to help you save time and money.
DIG IT aims to minimise the environmental impact of demolition projects, by separating brick and concrete to be recycled into road base, selling good quality wood to timber merchants and mulching other wood products and green waste.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral that was used extensively in building materials until around 1990. It is now banned in Australia, except where it was installed prior to 31 December 2003. Asbestos is a risk when it is disturbed and fibres are released. If materials containing asbestos show no signs of wear or tear and are in good condition, in many cases there is no cause for concern.
It is difficult to identify asbestos products just by looking at them, which is why it is important to hire a licenced professional to identify, handle and remove asbestos products from your residential or commercial property. DIG IT is authorised by WorkCover to conduct asbestos removal during construction projects.
Our qualified team can support you through every stage of the asbestos removal process, including assessing the risks and offering professional advice about the best way to proceed. The removal process is as follows:
- DIG IT will identify the product and notify WorkCover of our intent to perform the asbestos removal.
- We will quarantine and restrict access to the area while the work is being carried out, in accordance with strict guidelines.
- The site will be vacuumed and decontaminated thoroughly once the project is complete, to ensure it is safe for public access.
- We will provide you with all the necessary clearance certificates to show that the asbestos product has been professionally removed.
DIG IT provides a large range of services for both residential and commercial projects. To find out how we can help you, please send us a quote request or call now on 1800 344 448.
Alternatively, please submit your details below and one of our specialists will call you to arrange a convenient time to carry out a free site visit and formal quote.